The State of M&A Amid Today's Economic Uncertainty
Wednesday, March 29 at 11:00 AM EST
M&A thought leaders and market experts have characterized the state of M&A amid today's economic uncertainty as a mix of opportunities and challenges. There was record-breaking activity in 2021, but as 2022 ended, activity slowed down. While the pandemic and market volatility have caused some disruption to M&A activity, the expectation of stabilizing interest rates and demand for digital technology could drive a deal spike in certain sectors.
Moderator: Nick Perdikis, CEO at Devensoft
- Greg Noble, CEO at Kovo HealthTech Corporation
- Matt Person, Senior Director of Corporate Development at IDG
- J. Neely, Senior Managing Director of Strategy, M&A, and Global Lead at Accenture
What you will learn
- Insights on indicators you should look for during your upcoming M&A activity.
- What are the critical issues other M&A leaders are focusing on.
- Industry sectors that will be worth watching
- How you can prepare your organization as you move forward.
- Factors that played a role in the slowdown
- What things were seen in Q1? What are the anticipated conditions for the rest of the year?
- Interest rates – will this encourage M&A activity for companies?
- Digital transformation – how has it impacted the technology sector?
- Geopolitical uncertainty – are companies putting M&A on hold because of it?
- Private Equity competition for corporate acquirers
- Anticipated Market Conditions
- Valuation Trends and the Impact
- Availability of Capital
- Divestitures – what role will they play in M&A?
- What industries can we expect to see active?
- Lessons learned in 2022 to keep in mind as we go forward.